Looking to know the best way to clean tile floors naturally? A wise way to get rid of numerous cleaning products that you buy for your cleaning needs is to learn how to clean tile floors with vinegar and baking soda.
Many people are already cleaning their tile floors with household products like baking soda, lemon, and vinegar.
If you are looking for the tile floors vacuum cleaner buying guide, then we have a great guide on best vacuum for tile floors. I am using Dyson DC33 for myself, find dyson dc33 multi-floor upright bagless vacuum cleaner review.
You may purchase significantly less, spend less, and therefore have less harmful chemicals to worry about in your house.
Moreover, another great thing about these natural products is that they can easily combine with other harmless products to clean your home floor naturally.
Because of their durability, tiles are widely used in places like bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas that eventually get wet.
With the right kind of care, you can keep your floor tiles looking new for many years to come. That is why you should learn about basic tile cleaning technique and how to remove stains from your tiles floor.
Although, you will be required to put your muscles to a little work in cleaning your floor, at the end, your hard work will not be wasted by the cleansing power of the Mother Nature.
So let’s move on to find out how to clean tile floors with vinegar and baking soda.
Table of Contents
How to Clean Tile Floors with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Here is a fantastic cleanser that works perfectly on any kind of tile floors. It will only cost you pennies and will work as a substitute for any commercial household cleaning product.
- Two and a half cup of baking soda.
- A half cup of liquid soap.
- Two tablespoons of white vinegar.
- A half cup water.
- 16 ounces squirt bottle with a cap.
How to do it?
- Sprinkle the baking soda on the tiles.
- Make sure that it covers the grout by using your fingers. Also wipe away excess powder.
- Use a squirt bottle filled to apply the vinegar over the baking soda.
- Allow it to settle and bubble but do not let it do so for too long as dirt can sit back easily into the grout.
- Use a brush to remove the dirty solution off the grout. Be prepared for it to get messy! Rinse your brush by using the water but do not use it in excess because the grittier the solution, the harder it will get to clean it.
- Wipe out the gritty solution and then immediately use thevacuum cleaner to suck up excess baking soda. Then further clean your tile floor with a mop.
I fond a YouTube video that might help you.
Concerned about its safety?
Mixing baking soda, which is basically a base, with vinegar which is an acid neutralizes both of them and you basically make them harmless because you have just created a neutral product.
So here you have it, a step by step guide on how to clean tile floors with vinegar and baking soda with half the cleaning effort and no costly commercial cleaners needed.
It will only take about thirty minutes to clean up your tiles and make them look like new even after using them for many years.
Try this out, clean out you tiles completely and just leave a little portion of grout uncleaned.
You will realize how clean your floor is now and admire the use of vinegar and baking soda for cleaning your floor.